According to our research, Square POS is the best POS system for restaurants.
Sentigum offers purpose-built solutions for table service, cafes, bakeries, food trucks, and bars, combining powerful restaurant-specific inventory tracking, sales, and reporting capabilities to bring you all the nifty hardware at a very affordable price.
Compared to other restaurant POS providers, Square performed well in nearly every test category, beating most brands in pricing, features, customer ratings, help and support, and the restaurant industry as a whole.
Still, there are many POS systems out there and Sentigum goal is to help you find the one that best fits your needs.
Read to: 3 Best Pos Systems For Bars
All of our research is completely independent, so Sentigum wanted to make sure Sentigum tested all the factors that could affect the success of a food business, especially as the cost of living rises.
Best POS System for Restaurant
Here is the top three of best POS system for restaurant and its features and price:
1. Square POS
Square POS is a household name in the quick service restaurant world due to its strong position in the industry and reasonable prices.
The best all-around POS system that has tested with dedicated solutions for table service, counter service, bars and lounges, cafes, bakeries, and food trucks, with an overall rating of 4.7/5 stars.
Best features of Square POS for restaurants:
- Powerful spreadsheet management features
- Customizable layout and grouping of articles
- Batch menu addition
- Customizable menu
- Powerful kitchen management:
- Preparation time tracking, customer ticket timers and more
- Powerful third-party integrations for pickup and delivery, employee time tracking, and customer bookings
- Self QR code ordering function
- Flexible payment:
- All major credit cards, Apple and Google Pay
- Create loyalty programs, exclusive offers, and custom profiles for regular customers, and
- Make payments anytime, anywhere with Square’s mobile-friendly card reader
Square’s service has no monthly fees, but you do have to pay the following transaction fees:
- 6% + 10 cents off each card-based sale
- 5% + 15 cents per transaction entered
- 9% + 30 cents for online sales
All of the above features are included in Square’s transaction-only pricing plans.
However, Square also offers a Restaurant Plus plan, which offers additional features for $60 per month per location.
2. Clover POS
If your restaurant relies on online ordering or has plans to expand into that space in the future, Clover could be a great fit.
It’s a great all-in-one POS system with great restaurant features (4.8/5) like menu editing and delivery options, and has a wide variety of hardware options
It also offers some of the best CRM tools on the POS market, which somewhat justifies its high starting price of $90/month.
Best features of Clover POS for restaurants:
- Powerful online ordering and shipping capabilities
- Table service restaurant planning
- Swipe or dip payments from all major credit cards
- App options for sharing promotions, awards and collecting feedback
- Powerful 3rd party customer retention integrations:
- Mailchimp and Loyal, and
- Fraud protection for payments up to $100,000
Clover offers a total of six hospitality-focused hardware and software plans: Starter, Standard and Advanced, Quick Service, Dining Packages and Starter, Standard and Advanced Full Service Dining Packages.
Clover’s Quick Service Starter plan is $90/month and includes a mini 8-inch POS.
The Counter Service Restaurant and Quick Service Standard plan is $130/month and includes Clover’s Station Duo, receipt printer, and cash drawer.
The Quick Service Advanced plan costs $175/month and adds Handheld Flex POS on the same hardware as the Standard tier.
All Quick Service plans include the Counter Service Restaurant software package.
Clover also offers full service dining packages for table service restaurants.
The full-service starter plan is $150/month and includes Station Solo POS.
The full-service Advanced plan is $195/month and includes Station Solo POS and Flex POS.
Finally, Clover’s most robust hospitality package, Clover Full-Service Advanced, costs $290/month and includes Station Solo POS, Flex POS, and Station Duo POS.
3. Zettle by PayPal
Like many other foodservice establishments, if you’re dealing with very thin margins, Zettle definitely deserves your attention.
The POS is free to set up and offers fairly affordable transaction fees, making it one of the most wallet-friendly POS options with a perfect 5/5 price rating.
It is an ideal solution for small providers such as food trucks, kiosks and stands.
Best features of PayPal Zettle POS for restaurants:
- Free POS software subscription
- Simple Shopify integration
- Flexible payment:
- All major debit cards, credit cards, Apple, Android, Google Pay
- Venmo and PayPal QR code payment
- Accept remote payments through your own payment link
- strong inventory management
- Batch menu addition
- Custom reporting and tracking
- Optimized checkout process, and
- individual gift cards
Below is a breakdown of Zettle’s PayPal transaction fees:
- 29% + 9 cents per card-based sale
- 29% + 9 cents per QR code transaction
- 49% + 9 cents per manual card entry transaction
- 49% + 9 cents for invoice transactions
Zettle also offers a card reader for $29, with each additional reader increasing the price to $79.
Restaurant POS system is a POS tool that you can use to manage your restaurant.
The best POS system for restaurants can accept a variety of payment methods, track inventory, manage menus and table layouts, and send orders to your kitchen.
The average restaurant POS system just captures transaction data, inventory, and sales monitoring, but more advanced systems with additional hardware can do much more.
Restaurant POS manages all operations of your business.
In other words, it integrates all the different features you need to run your restaurant on one platform.
You can also take orders, send them to the kitchen, receive payments, track expenses, and manage staff and shifts.
There are full service terminals, cell POS systems, cloud-primarily based totally POS systems, and web-primarily based totally POS systems.
Full-provider terminals are the maximum luxurious kind of eating place POS system.
Typically used in large restaurants with multiple locations.
Mobile POS systems for restaurants are more cost-effective than full-service terminals and are often used by small restaurants and food trucks.
Most POS companies will give you a free terminal when you sign up.
However, if you need additional terminals, the price may vary depending on your provider.
Some charge around $29/month while others can charge up to $69/month.
- 5 Best POS System For Food Trucks
- 5 Best Pizza POS Systems
- 2 Best POS System For Clothing Stores
- 3 Best POS System For Liquor Stores
- 3 Best Pos Systems For Bars
- 3 Best POS System for All in 2023
- 3 Best POS System For Convenience Stores