From contactless payments to online sales, point-of-sale (POS) systems improve the customer experience and help business owners track inventory, sales, and employee performance.
Additionally, POS solutions support omnichannel experiences that seamlessly transition between in-store, phone, and online sales.
In fact, 44% of its retailers are planning to upgrade or replace his POS, and 32% are prioritizing an omnichannel experience with his existing POS solution.
Choosing the best POS system for your small business can be difficult.
Sentigum researched over 20 POS solutions and compared them side by side and judged the systems on ease of use, hardware and software options, customer service, features, and pricing packages.
Read to: 5 Best Pizza POS Systems
Here is some POS system you should know about their features and prices.
ShopKeep by Lightspeed
ShopKeep is best for inventory management.
With advanced inventory tracking and a simple interface, Lightspeed’s ShopKeep is a favorite with small business owners.
ShopKeep by Lightspeed was founded in 2008 and was acquired by Lightspeed in 2021
A cloud-based POS system widely used in small retail stores such as specialty stores and coffee shops.
However, its impressive inventory features make ShopKeep its POS of choice for inventory management.
ShopKeep comes with three plans, all of which come with a free credit card reader for eligible merchants
Loan processing is included, and for each transaction he pays a flat fee of 2.6% plus $0.10.
All plans come with many great features such as:
- Unlimited trading
- Customer payment by sms
- Unlimited inventory items
- Real-time sales data
- Matrix stock
- Employee management and bonuses, and
- Inventory reports such as sales trends and inventory values
E-commerce functionality is only offered in Standard or Advanced plants
Each plan covers only one location.
If you have multiple locations, you can contact your company for custom plans.
To get the best price, you should pay annually.
You can pay monthly, but the cost will be higher. Here’s the plan:
- Lean: $69/month if paid annually or $89/month if paid monthly for all basic features including built-in payments.
- Standard: $119/month if paid annually or $149/month if paid monthly. This plan adds accounting and e-commerce features.
- Advanced: $199/month if paid annually or $269/month if paid monthly. This plan adds omnichannel loyalty and advanced reporting.
ShopKeep sells devices individually or as part of kits.
ShopKeep has hardware for both desktops and iPads.
For example, retail kits include:
- Cash drawer
- Receipt printer
- Bluetooth scanner
- Ipad stand, and
- Receipt paper
Customers can call, email, or browse self-support resources.
Affordable software with everything small business owners need to run their business.
For almost 15 years, eHopper has offered an affordable alternative to its expensive POS software.
Its low-cost plans give entrepreneurs access to client and inventory management tools, making it the clear winner in the best value category.
The eHopper POS system comes in four plans, all with built-in credit card processing.
Merchant fees are currently passed on to customers in the form of additional charges.
All versions have features such as:
- Inventory control
- Print or email receipt
- Chip management
- Report options, and
- Customer management
The company has two plans to choose from, a free version and a paid service.
- Essentials: The free plan makes it easy to adjust inventory, manage customer accounts, and create barcode labels for your products.
- Freedom: For $29.99/month, you get employee time tracking options, inventory shortage alerts, and QuickBooks integration.
- Restaurant: Menu creation, table management, floor plan tools, and standard POS functionality cost $39.99 per month.
- Omnichannel: Regular price is $39.99. This plan adds loyalty, e-commerce and enables meta sales.
With eHopper, you can use your existing hardware or Android tablets, iPads, Windows PCs, and Point terminals.
However, eHopper sells a variety of hardware options including:
- Hardware package
- Thermal printer
- Cash drawer
- Credit card terminal
- Tablet, and
- Stands and accessories
There are not many integrations with eHopper, but you can add additional loyalty packages to your plan
Get help with your POS system by calling, creating a support ticket, or chatting with customer service.
The company also offers an online knowledge base.
Easily monitor in-store and online sales from your mobile dashboard.
Since 2006, Shopify has provided ecommerce entrepreneurs with powerful online shopping services that provide store owners with an easy-to-use and enjoyable digital customer experience.
Its robust virtual features make it his POS of choice for e-commerce.
To use the Shopify POS system, you must first choose a Shopify plan.
These programs cover e-commerce websites and blogs, as well as many features, and range from $29 to $299 per month.
All plans include the Shopify POS Lite plan with features such as:
- Order and product management
- customer profile
- Integrated credit card processing
- QR (quick response) code.
- Custom discounts and discount codes
- If you choose the POS Pro version for $89 per month per location, you get extra features like:
- Intelligent inventory management
- Unlimited registration
- Omni-channel sales capabilities, and
- Analytics in business
Your Shopify plan determines your credit card processing fees.
- Basic: The in-person fee is 2.7% and the online fee is 2.9% + $0.30.
- Shopify: Personal fee is 2.5%, online fee is 2.6% + $0.30.
- Advanced:4% in-person price, 2.4% online price = $0.30
Shopify offers a lot of plug-and-play hardware, so you can easily customize your setup.
Choose from complete retail kits, taps and smart card readers, and iPad stands.
For help, visit Shopify’s 24/7 Support Center or check out our extensive knowledge base.
Point of sale (POS) systems collect all transaction data in one place.
Many programs offer tools for tracking inventory, managing employees, and viewing real-time sales data.
POS solutions go beyond traditional checkout to offer multiple ways to accept payments anywhere in the store.
Small business owners use POS systems to better understand sales trends, available inventory, and customers.
In addition, mobile solutions enhance the customer experience with quick checkout options and integrated customer programs.
To find the best POS system for small businesses, Sentigum looked at several factors, including subscription pricing and fees, hardware types and costs, payment processing options, and features.
After searching over 20 of its POS vendors, Sentigum has picked the best POS system as the winners to specific categories of POS systems that are best suited for e-commerce, inventory management, retail applications, and more.
- 3 Best POS System For Liquor Stores
- 2 Best POS System For Clothing Stores
- Best POS System for Restaurant
- 3 Best Pos Systems For Bars
- 5 Best POS System For Food Trucks
- 3 Best POS System for Grocery Stores
- 3 Best POS System For Convenience Stores